There are many reasons why people do not buy your online products, but there are 3 main factors that account for around 80% of non-buyers. Watch this 6,5 min video to understand these obstacles and learn how to overcome them.
Here is a summary for your convenience:
#1 Desire & Need
People simply do not want your product. As obvious as this reason is, I see it time and time again that my clients develop a product first, and only then identify their target audience. The problem with this approach is that your course idea or your product sound good to you, but there is no actual NEED in the market for it! So no one buys it, and you think that online business and marketing does not work. So what you actually need to do is to:
- Specify your target audience.Who are they? What is their demographics? What is their education, etc.?
- What are their problems?
- What are their dreams?
- Verbalize how your product helps resolve their problems and moves them closer to their dreams.
- Speak the same language that they speak.
People do not trust you or your product. When people do not know you, and you don’t provide any opportunities on your site to learn about you, when you try to hide your face and your personality in the website, believing it looks more “professional”, – your customers fail to make connection with you.
So what can you do?
- Make your presence very transparent. Show your face, show your human side. Set yourself apart from others by establishing your expertise, yet let people know you are a REAL person.
- Show your customers the outcome of your product or course. What do you guarantee? Make sure to support your claims with real life examples (you can use case studies, or any stats that you have collected).
- Demonstrate what happens when they buy the product. How and when will they be able to access their course? Will they be provided with a downloadable product?
- Provide social proof. If you have testimonials from previous customers, use them. If you can insert their photo, or better, collect a video testimonial – that is great! WARNING: DO NOT EVER, EVER fabricate your testimonials. People will sense it, and if you get caught, your credibility will be ruined forever.
#3 Perceived value
Often people do not buy from you because they just do not have the money. The first reaction is to lower the price. However, money usually is NOT an issue if: 1. Your product answers a VERY burning need – somehow people will always find the money for something they REALLY need. 2. You create a really good deal for your clients.
- Make sure you answer a real, burning need with your niche.
- Describe your product in a way that evokes desire in your audience.
- Instead of lowering the price – raise the value of your product with great bonuses. Remember, “people buy on emotion and justify their decision with logic” – Zig Ziglar
By the way, we go through all these points and much more in my online course Teach and Prosper Bootcamp that starts February 4 and lasts for 7 weeks. In this course I will help you design and develop and online product or course that answer your audience’s needs and creates attractive offers for your clients. Check out the link below for more information.
WHAT TO DO NOW:
In the comments below tell me 1 new thing you learned from this video
If you liked this discussion, please subscribe to my blog to receive timely updates and your FREE Attention Grabber:
Like my Facebook page to stay in touch:
Get some up-to-date tweets on psychology, connection, engagement and enjoyment in the online context:
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:
If you liked this post you might also enjoy:
How to build trust online? http://www.wiredatheart.com/2012/10/17/how-to-build-trust-online-in-5-steps/
How to create online content that gets attention: http://www.wiredatheart.com/2011/12/14/how-to-create-online-content-that-gets-attention-using-human-psychology/